This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Night of the living alive.

Something didnt really feel right, and yet nothing was wrong.
He brought us to a bangin restaurant,
We shared a 5 course meal. I was the only one to stomach my entire portion; even the grappa.
BEST STEAK IN THE WORLD
We hung out with the locals for hours.

In the early morning, we went to his place.
He surprised us with a gift from a friend of his.
Soon after, we left.
We embarked on a multiple mile walk back home, but not without detouring to the usual spot.
No cabineri this time.

I didnt sleep last night, so early in the morning I left home in hopes of catching a sunset.
Damn condensation. Freaking fog, rolling over the hills. Clouds everywhere.
It was still nice. Even with Bukowski in front of me, and warm juice in my satchel.
With all of the city asleep and dreaming, the birds got to sing uninterupted.
I think they were extra loud, for me, a once-in-a-while audience.

This couldnt end at a better time.

No comments: