This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

He Could Never Know I Surfaced

I dreamt last night, that I protected him from the radiation blast by pushing his body deeper under the water and covering him with myself. I knew I had been exposed, but I neglected to tell him as we climbed into the boat. My hair streaked white, I turned to cough and my cupped hand filled with blood. He asked if I was okay. I wiped my mouth, and turned back to him, running my bloody hand until clean across the back of my dress. “I’m fine,” I said and grabbed the chain that was already in his hands. I helped him pull the anchor aboard. I knew I’d never reach the horizon but I just might get him far enough to make it for the both of us.

No comments: