This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

A chicken rode a train to Africa

So heres what I think about support. I dont think it is one of thse words that has an ambiguous definition, but one that not everyone can see. While I dont particualarly have a definition of the word, I can understand the basic idea
one does not have to enjoy somehting to support it. I can strongly dislike policies and topics such as abortion and euthanasia, but I can also support them as well. While the processes are unpleasent, I can see the upsides.
personally, I didnt like having to tell the vet years ago to put my dog down, but I supported the decision to, as she wouldnt have been the same if we had tried to save her from her seizures. I hated acknowledging the fact that my dog would be dead in the next 20 mins, but I understood that there was no life for her afterward regardless. It was better for her if I gave the go-ahead.
And with that I still preach undeterred support for the continuation of seemingly good things, and I still dont care if Im not believed, because I konw that I dont need to be happy or satisfied for a topic to be "supported" in my mind. I guess thats all I have to say about that

No comments: