This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

60 years left

no one ever tells you just how long a life time literally is. say i live until 80 years of age. That means right now, I'm only a quarter of the way through, so If I take the past 20 years of memories, and double that, I can get a rough idea of how much more is store until i'm 40. Then do that again, plus adding the equivilant number of memories that i have now at 20, and I'll finally be at 80. thats a long freakin time!
the point being, if life can be measured in memories, and I've still got 75 percent to go, then why am I so caught up in the now? Life moves on from anything, and I've got an awful long time to continue building memories.
I will live life in the now, but look forward to the future, working towards it on a need to work basis.

and by the way, i burned the journals today. at first i didnt feel anything, then I started to read excerpts from them before I threw them to the flames. That made a big difference, and was one of the most rejuvenating experiences of my life.

No comments: