This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

too much time

not a day goes by when I dont think back to the things that went down.
Every day I see you is another reminder of how I failed you as a friend.
You may think nothing of me any more, or you may still be waiting for an apology. I dont know.
I'd rather assume you think nothing of me anymore, because having something pending like that is only going to intensify the anxiety and discomfort I already feel about us.
Life has moved on to the fullest, and I couldnt be happier with the small group of people around me with whom I truly care about now. It was just a chapter after all. A heavy influence over a good chunk of my, and your, life.

I think I want to dedicate part of my senior project to the John H Whitaker Place assisted living home. If not for that building, I wouldnt be the person i am today. We wouldnt have really met. We wouldnt have found Chester. Who would I be?
Maybe a computer programing major.
Or a receptionist at a nature preserve.
Certainly not an Art major, at least not a proclaimed one.
The friends I have now would never be.
the travels I've adventured would never have past.
These lessons of life and love would not apply to me.
So all in all,
Thank you.

While we were just a chapter, it was (up to date) the most important chapter of my life.
And really, though I was a complete pile of douche ;) I dont regret anything anymore. And I'm glad we're both happy. If you ever read this, or if we ever talk again, I'm sorry. The only thing I dont want is for us to look back and cringe. I dont want your last thought of me to be that of regret or disapointment. And lately I feel that we've succeeded in ensuring peace between us.
It took long enough, but finally, I've moved on.

1 comment:

Anna said...

You would be a pilot. I would have friends.