This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Loser at first sight

So I met someone today in Salem and made a fool out of myself, at least in my mind.

I stopped by the borders in the mall even though I didn't really have the need or money. Out of curiosity I spotted a few books that reminded me of ones I needed for class so nI went to the front counter to ask. Sure enough the girl there saw my chester shirt and mentioned she went as well, a comuter I had never met before. She seemed interested in striking up small conversation for a second or two but a customer came up and she quickly went back to work. I stood there for a second like an idiot thinking that maybe she'd be done quickly but then realized how awkward it was I told her "well I'll see you around campus then" and quickly left, I doubt she heard.

I didn't even get her name.

I wanted to go back and talk some more but I knew it would only be awkward and weird. I mean what the hell do I know abouther, she could be with someone, or we might not even be closely compatable. Still, of all the people to bump into it just so happened to be someone like that. Sometimes I really wish I believed in shit like fate.

After a few minutes of aimlessly walking around i remembered there was something in the bookstore I forgot to ask about. I got excited, maybe I could use the inquiry to strike up more conversation with her. Pathetic, yes, but I'm not exactly a swooner now am I. So I wnet back, checked the aisles and tried my luck at the desk again only to get someone else and the girl I met before too busy with other customers. I bullshited a reason to be up there and then left again.

sometimes I remember why I don't believe in shit like fate.

No comments: