This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Analogies without epiphanies

Folk songs echoing down the hall as I think about the many walks of life my friends come from, like them, like the guy i just ran into in the bathroom, all of them distinctly different and in some cases they have no ties between one another and yet here they are all marked by at least a lukwarm positive relationship with me. I like them all for either the songs, or dances or even the not dances they do. I'm not making any sense I guess but for sake of stream of conciousness I'll keep this whole thing going.

Maybe it'll help me out in some way. Got a whole story out of a little writing exercise, hell, I got an idea for a longtwerm project just by playing too much video games over break. I wonder how long I can stretch an idea until it gets too warped. That analogy thjere just kind of came out, biut it worked pretty wrll. Gah, now here come missed keys and spelling errors again.

Wonder what some of the people back home are up to. I really hope they visit again, maybe more of them will come too. I don;t want them gone from my life so easily. I grew up with them all and I count them more family than the one with blood relations to me. For the most part at least.

How's that for a stream? More like a trickle with little tributaries and runoff to diverge from the main flow but at least more places are covered, even if only on the surface. Hah, there's those anaologies again.

No comments: