This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

spill

i'm writing letters to people who don't exist because i think it might help to define me. i figure if they don't exist, maybe they will if i write them and then a part of me will be there to send a reply. maybe not. it doesn't really matter in the longe run, to see ak and find, to hide and be dsicovered. i just find my words running away with me now. i sat on a bench today and just looked out over the grass and the sky and wondered where this was taking me. i read in poetry and prose words that should give me something and i couldn't take anything away. do you nderstand? i couldn't take anything away. the msot compelling inciden is the msuic whispering through my ears of Chopin, Vivaldi, Thcaikovsky - these artists. the stuffy classical dudes. i've never really understood the resistance to them, because the music all tells a story, that's the point, they didn't have tv, and they didn't have raido, and they didn't have all that sensatory stimulation adn sought sublime in still images and sought sublime in the movtives and motions of fiddles and orchestra. maybe that's why its beautiful to me. it spells ou tht the freckles on your skin. the msuic spells out the way ytour hair falls around yoru neck. and it isn't so much lvoe poems, it isn't so muhc love letters, but letters about love or notlove, and it isn't so much music that's love, but music about love and about things. and as the minutes and the day tick away i have toruble keeping my eyes open. its not like i didn't sleep, but it feels that way. all i had for lunch was cereal. but that was enough. i was eating words and music. i find meaning in my words and thats maybe enough, but i want others to also, but maybe they can't and is that okay? is that enough? how fast can i come up with this stuff and if it is fast, is that okay, or am i just throwing something away.

the point is i count your freckles in the music. the point is i see your hair spill. but there isn't really a point. i write these letters to nobody but myself and they aren't even anything to write home about. and i'm so tired. i'm so tired. i'm trying to do everything, and there aren't enough hours in the day. especially when i want to sleep nine hours. i'm pretty sure its nine, but it doesn't really matter because i sleep seven, and its working (though i'm tired).

i just spilled words yesterday and so many words, and a third of them were sex. i'm wired that way, you konw, wired that way. a male, with a penis, and what can i say, a third of them were sex. not the words themselves, you know, because they were all different, but close enough, you know? close enough.

but really, the point is, i see your freckles, count them, in music. and i see your hair spill.

1 comment:

MaKeR said...

It is, getting up and walking away, when tears start to cloud your eyes. And feeling sad, because someone loves you, someone really loves you and that’s as fragile as the fact, the teacher said, “One day you smell fresh bread in your house, the next smoke and blood. The NEXT smoke and blood.”
And it scares me to lose it without control of when and where and how and why, and maybe that was it before, maybe that’s why it always felt about, (besides the many other reasons, of he beat me, set me aside, didn’t respect me, didn’t love me.) But maybe that’s why I was never in it, never down inside the deep dark tunnel of what they call forever. What they call 50 year anniversaries. Because you can’t promise me tomorrow, nevermind sixteen years from now. And I can’t promise you my sanity, that I won’t break and shatter across the floor and leave you splinter footed, crying and half a… you’re too strong for that and I want to be…
A gummy Tigger, sugar coated and never eaten. I want to be sure that the paper won’t fade, or you won’t die or I won’t die or the world won’t end or we won’t go hungry. When I think about all the things I can’t control, all the things I won’t be able to stop or fix or help or ignore, I cry and I feel less than a baby, less than a child and I cry. And I cry, and the keys get slippery and I cry. And my face gets red, and I cry and I fear my sister will see me, and call me weird again.
And I cry.

Because I have this moment and it’s the only moment I have, and I don’t know what to do with it, because there is so much I want to do.

And I cry because I love my mother, and my father rather keep it close to his breast, but I can’t help but know, someday that will be a regret, a big regret…but we don’t share our feelings and your mother put chicken broth in the soup, and they think you’re sweet, and I’m your elder and I’ll just get older, and older and my cells will mutate and I’ll have you, but even that cant stop the evitable.

And I’ll have you, but even that cant stop the evitable.

And he asked, if you were told that you only had five days left to live, what would you do and who would you do it with….
I’d be with you, and my family, we’d go far away from here. We’d sit on sandy beaches and we’d hold each other, all of us.
And we’d cry.