This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

you want me to set him straight, as if I am the all seeing all knowing conscience behind his decisions. I cant help you. Im not his master. Not his guardian. Im his friend, like you. and LIKE YOU I never want to see him hurt or be hurt. But he is the only one in control of his life.
I know hes making mistakes. No questions there. But an intervention is not what he needs. He NEEDS to make mistakes. Needs to fuck up his and others lives to the point where he is astonished and appalled. Only after he makes these mistakes will he truely learn anything. THEN your words will have gravity.
Im going to tell him that. I HAVE told him that. My work is peanuts compared to the work he'll do himself.
so im sorry if Im letting you down.
but its his life.

No comments: