This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just Glitter in the Mailbox

Its downward dog, unshaved armpits, song on repeat, avoid deadlines, lie in obvious ways, cover up bruises, flour stuck under your nails, cinnamon scented house, day.

Lips peel like lead paint. Just as poisonous, just as deadly. Retracting all the things I said like kisses wont make it into diaries overseas. And one is just loving the next, whos loving the next, whos loving the next. No sex, no reverberation, no contemplation, just heartstrings used to the tune of, end it all for you. Kill them all for you. I'd totally forgot you, until now.

We feather out the misdeeds and wear them like shiny skin, fake nails, long eyelashes. And the blondes all cluck like hens. Staring at their roots, the blonds all cluck like hens.

She wasn't wearing much. And me, straight stick stiff and still, stare.

They were comics from the past. Etches of things never meant for me. Fingers traced for me. Nothing there for me.

churchbell rings in the distance. Condom dried out, yellowed, clings to the side of the trashcan. Fifteen blank pages tell me I'm running out of time.

But I can't focus on the "what if"s when I'm in the "here & now."

And I really showed them who's the prettiest princess of all.

No comments: