This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

in a blatant attempt to sound like another...

It was all some sort of grand design. Iv'e already figured that part out. it all fit like a puzzle, one where you must deconstruct the pieces first. but only in the specified order. Fate i suppose. but I hate fate. like keanu puts it, i dont like the feeling that im not in control of my life. but i digress...
sure this is partly my fault. and times do change. people change. rooms change, cups, shirts, bad habits, trends, tastes, humor. but its irreversable now. you've all gone. and even in changing everything, i thought we would still somehow remain connected. hanging on by a memory or something.
and it is partly my fault. like everyone elses. and this is a piss poor method of rekindling, but hell, baby steps.
I miss the convos. the surprisingly meaningful talks. genuine. unbiased and fair but still understanding. And you always knew when to shut up.
I was always thankful for the patience. The tolerance. not just for me, but everyone who thought the opposite of you. you really were down to earth, and it showed. people, myself included were jealous. I hope THAT part of you hasnt changed.
that comic I stumbledupon once right. those who live in the past grieve. those that live for the future worry and grow anxious. those who live in the present are at peace.
so to hell with this past-ness. ive been satisfied with the present for a year now. and even if we never speak again, i'll still consider you a best friend. I hope the present is kind to you, all of you, and i was pleased to have known you, briefly though it was. and if i can wish only one thing for the future, I'd like it to be that some of you will come back to this place. Where we've set aside a small private part of ourselves. Faceless, but more personal than any private collection could be. I'm still hanging on by a memory, you should to.

No comments: