This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Junly 12

I forget the motivation, but I had to jump. Whether it was to rescue strangers or for shear sport, I dove for the greater good. I sunk deep into the water, touching the sand dollars below with my eyes shut. I heard that little voice in the back of my head, warning me of the turtles I had disturbed. I dared open my eyes after realizing they werent sand dollars at all. I open my eyes to a great mouth, lunging for my torso. The water became darker, as taht toothless beak of a beast closes around my stomach. I knoew its too late, I knew it from the second the water turned black. I died.
It was strangely calming, the utter nothingness of it all. Un-conciousness. In it, time doesnt even exist. Who knows how long I was actually persisting until the radio clicked on?
I guess the myth is false after all, which I gotta say is a relief.

No comments: