This is a stream-of-consciousness blog for people to contribute to. Email mattyqwilliams@gmail.com to join in.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Incoherent remiscence of a lost friend

White wine and thunderstorms. I'm here, you know. I'm back home where I belong, but I've got so many homes now. I've got love here and there and sure it's great, but really, it's easier to be alone. If I didn't have to decide between this world or that world, I'd know where to be. I'm drunk, maybe, sad, maybe, missing the people I never wanted to let go. She's home now but we know it'll never be the same.

Funny how people blame physical distance for the strain in relationships, but really, it has nothing to do with it. People change and if you don't change together, you lose the thing that tied you together. She'd changed, he's changed, I've changed, you've changed, and we're all here together now, trying to remember what normal felt like.

Take another drink and find another world. Maybe it's just time to move on.

No comments: